Continuous Efficiency Profiling – Consumption Characterization and Behavior Modification
The Seldera Continuous Efficiency Profiling adds more intelligence to building and process energy analysis. A simple to install network of wireless sub-meters and sensors continuously measure, analyze, and verify load patterns, for ongoing Consumption Characterization. This version of the Building Dynamics adds capabilities to correlate occupant and factory behavior changes to improve energy performance. The version of Building Dynamics adds additional capacity to view more sensors, more buildings, more campuses, enabling a portfolio view for fast comparison and performance management.
Key Benefits the Seldera Continuous Efficiency Profiling:
- Real-time overview of consumption and dynamic parameters (sensor status).
- High-level summary of historic baseline, adjusted, and reporting trends. Consumption comparisons against baseline energy use, historical trends, or peer systems.
- Portfolio reporting allows campus wide view and comparison across building with drill down capabilities.
Primary Features of the Seldera Continuous Efficiency Profiling:
- Fully customizable baseline models, ranging from correction factors to elaborate regression models with change points and different occupancy periods.
- Support for multiple types of commodities (electricity, gas, oil, chilled water, etc.).
- Expandable – add sensors and sub-meters (physical and virtual) to zoom into savings opportunities.
- Sub-metering and disaggregation for fine-grained tracking of consumption per load for more effective efficiency measures.
- Automated IPMVP-compliant M&V reporting, tracking of savings based on data collected by the Building Dynamics sensor suite and/or user upload.
- Historical consumption trends at any selected time window and resolution from 15-min intervals to months.
- Automatic extraction of equipment schedule and its operational efficiency, including how much time it spends in “idle” mode.
- Fine-grained occupancy monitoring and optimal schedule extraction at the whole building or zone level.
- Detailed analysis of consumption patterns, including the ability to annotate and compute different parameters by simply selecting a time period of interest.
- Ability to export all data and figures in various formats for offline use.
- Ability to customize the portal and control what your customers can access.
- Automatic generation of email alerts when problems are detected.
An industrial facility wanted to improve the energy efficiency of its buildings and manufacturing processes. At that time, there was only one utility meter at the facility and no capability to monitor electric use in real time or correlate the energy use with activities in the facility.
Seldera installed its Building Dynamics wireless sensing and actuation network to provide visibility into consumption and to exploit savings opportunities. A wireless network of electric meters and sensors was deployed across the facility to measure and disaggregate electrical loads. A set of sensors on the same network simultaneously measured the temperature, humidity, and occupancy of the building.